Today I represented Unite for Sight at a volunteer fair at the University of Utah. I talked to lots of students about the volunteer opportunity and experience that Unite for Sight offers at many locations around the world. I spent about 4 hours recruiting students and had a lot of success! I am hoping to set up an information session later this semester where I will present a powerpoint on my own volunteer experience and give more information about the application and training process for future volunteers.
Brayden and Laura: Bihar India
Global Impact Fellows With Unite for Sight
Global Impact Fellows With Unite for Sight
We just returned from Bihar India with a group called Unite for Sight to volunteer at the AB Eye Institute in March 2010. Unite for Sight is a non-profit organization that aims to prevent blindness by applying best practices for health care. This program works with local ophthalmologists and optometrists to provide eye exams, eye surgery, and outreach to poverty stricken communities in developing countries like Ghana, India, and Honduras. While abroad, we screened patients for cataracts, glaucoma, and other eye diseases. We participated in sight restoring cataract surgeries. Thanks to the support of SO many people, we have raised more than $3200 to support 64 cataract surgeries! This blog is meant to keep all those who have contributed to this effort informed and help them see where their donations are going.
We want to personally thank EVERYONE who has contributed to our fundraising effort for cataract surgeries in Patna, India.
Feel free to check out the success on our fundraising page!
Feel free to check out the success on our fundraising page!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment